By Bill Gardner
The top protection opposed to the expanding risk of social engineering assaults is safety information education to warn your corporations employees of the danger and train them on easy methods to defend your enterprises information. Social engineering isn't really a brand new tactic, yet Building an protection know-how Program is the 1st e-book that indicates you ways to construct a profitable defense wisdom education software from the floor up.
Building an safeguard understanding Program offers you a valid technical foundation for constructing a brand new education software. The ebook additionally tells you the simplest how you can garner administration help for imposing this system. writer invoice Gardner is likely one of the founding individuals of the safety knowledge education Framework. the following, he walks you thru the method of constructing an enticing and winning education software in your association to help you and your employees guard your platforms, networks, cellular units, and data.
Forewords written by means of Dave Kennedy and Kevin Mitnick!
- The so much sensible advisor to developing a safety wisdom education software on your association
- Real international examples convey you ways cyber criminals dedicate their crimes, and what you are able to do to maintain you and your facts secure
- Learn easy methods to suggest a brand new software to administration, and what the advantages are to employees and your organization
- Find out approximately a variety of different types of education, the easiest education cycle to exploit, metrics for achievement, and techniques for construction an attractive and profitable program
Read or Download Building an information security awareness program : defending against social engineering hacks PDF
Best security books
The formation of NATO represented a turning aspect within the historical past of either the us and the opposite Atlantic powers. For the 1st time in peacetime, the United States had engaged in an enduring alliance linking it to Western Europe either in an army and in a political feel. NATO: A background tells the entire tale of this old alliance, from its shaky beginnings via its triumphs and screw ups to its present new grouping of countries.
The HazMat information, 2d variation offers a close reference for emergency responders and those who shipping chemical compounds. contemplating the occasions of September eleven, the publication is mainly orientated towards first responder and emergency administration group of workers. Additions to this new moment version contain Spanish language synonyms for all entries, and an elevated total variety of synonyms.
This publication constitutes the completely refereed, chosen papers on Cyber safety and privateness european discussion board 2013, held in Belgium, in April 2013. The 14 revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from a number of submissions. The papers are geared up in topical sections on cloud computing, defense and privateness administration, safeguard and privateness know-how, defense and privateness coverage.
- Computational Intelligence in Security for Information Systems 2010: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Security for Information Systems (CISIS’10)
- The Book of PF: A No-Nonsense Guide to the OpenBSD Firewall (2nd Edition)
- Introduction to US Cybersecurity Careers
- Global Catastrophic Risks
- Counter Hack Reloaded: A Step-by-Step Guide to Computer Attacks and Effective Defenses (2nd Edition)
- New Threats and New Actors in International Security
Additional resources for Building an information security awareness program : defending against social engineering hacks
11] Wired: ThreatLevel: Google Hack Attack Was Ultra Sophisticated, New Details Show. 13].  NetworkWorld: ’Night Dragon’ attacks from China strike energy companies. http://www. 13].  McAfee: Global Energy Cyberattacks: “Night Dragon". 13].  McAfee: Lions at the Watering Hole - The “VOHO” Affair. 14].  Hackers Lurking in Vents and Soda Machines. 14]. CHAPTER 5 Who Is Responsible for Security? Bill Gardner Marshall University, Huntington, WV, USA INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) STAFF If asked, most people would say the information technology staff is responsible for securing the data of the organization.
5M. 2013]. 13]. 13].  Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report 2012. 13].  2011 Cost of Data Breach Study. 13].  PCI Compliance & Small Merchants: Whose Concern is It Anyway? http://www. 13]. 13].  Chapter 46A. West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act. Article 2A. Breach of Security of Consumer Information. 2013].  State Agency Notice Requirements for Data Breaches Chart. 2013].  Symantec: What can you get for $500,000? Notification for one data breach. http://www.
THE RUNNER/COURIER These are the people who have charge of the organization’s backup data while it’s being taken to off-site storage. Do they know how to keep the tapes or other media in sight at all times? What if they leave it on a desk during a delivery to another location? What if they leave them in the delivery vehicle and they are stolen? These are huge risks to an organization’s data that need to be addressed. As a result, these folks need to be included in the security awareness training.