By Aaron Brown, Kurt Jung
This booklet is for college students and pros who're intrigued through the chance of studying and utilizing a strong language that offers a wealthy infrastructure for growing courses. No programming wisdom is critical to profit from this publication aside from the part on Lua bindings, which calls for a few familiarity with the interval. a undeniable convenience point with command-line operations, textual content modifying, and listing constructions is assumed.
Software builders who've adventure with capabilities, strings, and associative arrays can skim Chapters 2 via five with the caveat that convinced Lua colloquialisms are brought there in addition to programming concepts.
Throughout the textual content, sections relating a specific working approach are sincerely marked and will be skipped via readers engaged on a unique platform.
This publication is geared up to lead you thru the fundamentals of utilizing Lua. Its constitution is as follows:
* fitting Lua in your approach (Chapter 1)
* studying the basics of programming in Lua (Chapters 2 via 10)
* Reviewing usual Lua features (Chapter 11)
* Exploring program improvement with Lua utilizing applications contributed through the neighborhood (Chapters 12 via 18)
* utilizing Lua's many group assets (Chapter 19)
Chapters 2 via 10 each one construct on strategies which are offered in its predecessors, so a sequential interpreting of this a part of the ebook is suggested. The precis of Lua's integrated libraries comprises examples that think you will have an exceptional grab of the fabrics awarded within the first 10 chapters.
Some of the libraries and methods offered in Chapters 12 and thirteen are wanted within the ultimate chapters of the booklet. Chapters 14 via 19 are particularly self sustaining of each other and will be learn out of sequence.
You desire unusually little within the method of laptop assets to profit and use Lua. This ebook specializes in home windows and Unix-like (including Linux) platforms, yet any working approach that helps a command shell may be appropriate. You'll desire a textual content editor to arrange and store Lua scripts.
If you opt to increase Lua with libraries written in a programming language like C, you'll want a compatible software program improvement package. lots of those kits are freely on hand on the net yet, not like Lua, they could eat prodigious quantities of disk area and memory.
Chapter 18 discusses utilizing Lua on a Palm Pilot. no matter if you don't personal or have entry to at least one of those units, this bankruptcy exhibits how one can simulate one at the significant computer systems.
Read Online or Download Beginning Lua Programming (Programmer to Programmer) PDF
Best programming books
* indicates easy methods to produce functions combining Canvas drawings, pictures, and movies
* Explains the right way to comprise Google Maps and geolocation into your tasks
* finds find out how to construct functions requiring chronic facts, storing the data in the neighborhood or on a database at the server
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * easy methods to create line drawings utilizing mathematical operations for outlining coordinate positions
* the best way to comprise Google Maps and geolocation to figure out the site of the consumer
* Use HTML5 Audio for occasion sounds and history tune
* tips on how to control, shop and retrieve advanced info utilizing localStorage
<h3>Who this ebook is for</h3>
<h3>Table of Contents</h3><ol> * development the HTML5 Logo—Drawing on Canvas, with Scaling, and Semantic Tags
* Paper Dolls—Accurately Positioning items at the Canvas
* Bouncing Video—Animating and protecting HTML5 video
* Map Maker—Combining Google Maps and Canvas
* Deep-Linking—Creating trips via Video, pictures and Maps
* Where Am I? —Building video games with the Geolocation API
* exact Origami—Using Math to attract specified Paper Folding on the Canvas
* photograph Puzzle—Storing online game ratings and offerings utilizing the LocalStorage API
* Bookmark Application—Using shape Validation and Databases
Why research Scala? You don’t have to be an information scientist or allotted computing professional to understand this object-oriented useful programming language. This useful booklet presents a finished but approachable creation to the language, entire with syntax diagrams, examples, and workouts.
Achieve services in processing and storing facts by utilizing complicated suggestions with Apache Spark
About This publication
• discover the mixing of Apache Spark with 3rd celebration purposes similar to H20, Databricks and Titan
• overview how Cassandra and Hbase can be utilized for garage
• a complicated advisor with a mix of directions and useful examples to increase the main up-to date Spark functionalities
Who This e-book Is For
If you're a developer with a few event with Spark and need to reinforce your wisdom of ways to get round on this planet of Spark, then this ebook is perfect for you. uncomplicated wisdom of Linux, Hadoop and Spark is believed. moderate wisdom of Scala is anticipated.
What you are going to study
• expand the instruments on hand for processing and garage
• study clustering and class utilizing MLlib
• notice Spark circulate processing through Flume, HDFS
• Create a schema in Spark SQL, and learn the way a Spark schema may be populated with info
• examine Spark dependent graph processing utilizing Spark GraphX
• mix Spark with H20 and deep studying and study why it really is worthwhile
• overview how graph garage works with Apache Spark, Titan, HBase and Cassandra
• Use Apache Spark within the cloud with Databricks and AWS
Apache Spark is an in-memory cluster established parallel processing approach that gives quite a lot of performance like graph processing, computer studying, flow processing and SQL. It operates at exceptional speeds, is straightforward to exploit and gives a wealthy set of information transformations.
This ebook goals to take your constrained wisdom of Spark to the subsequent point via instructing you ways to extend Spark performance. The ebook commences with an summary of the Spark eco-system. you'll how you can use MLlib to create an absolutely operating neural internet for handwriting reputation. you are going to then become aware of how circulation processing may be tuned for optimum functionality and to make sure parallel processing. The e-book extends to teach tips to include H20 for desktop studying, Titan for graph dependent garage, Databricks for cloud-based Spark. Intermediate Scala dependent code examples are supplied for Apache Spark module processing in a CentOS Linux and Databricks cloud setting. kind and technique
This ebook is an intensive consultant to Apache Spark modules and instruments and indicates how Spark's performance should be prolonged for real-time processing and garage with labored examples.
Written via 3 of the main well-known influencers within the Microsoft SharePoint group, this booklet sheds mild on SharePoint seek within the firm and focuses completely on Microsoft seek expertise. This booklet is meant for more than a few parents from the IT administrator to the developer writing seek purposes.
- Professional WPF Programming: .NET Development with the Windows Presentation Foundation
- Ruby Phrasebook (Developer's Library)
- Inductive Logic Programming: 16th International Conference, ILP 2006, Santiago de Compostela, Spain, August 24-27, 2006, Revised Selected Papers
- Annual Review in Automatic Programming: Papers Read at the Working Conference on Automatic Programming of Digital Computers Held at Brighton, 1-3 April 1959
- Cocoa Design Patterns
- A Flexible Efficient Computer System to Answer Human Questions. The DL Programming Language for Artificial Intelligence Applications.
Additional info for Beginning Lua Programming (Programmer to Programmer)
If you want to install Lua in this environment, follow the directions for building Lua on Unix-type systems. The other package is the MinGW system, which enables you to use standard Unix-like tools to build applications that run on all 32-bit desktop versions of Windows without any extra support libraries. org. As you read this chapter, section headers will indicate whether a Unix-like system or Windows is being discussed. You can skip the sections that don’t apply to your platform. exe in Windows and lua in Unix and friends, is a small command-line program that executes your scripts either interactively or noninteractively.
Lua has a few special variables that start with an underscore followed by capital letters (and possibly a number), such as _G or _PROMPT2. Avoid using names like that so that your variables don’t clash with them. A single underscore (_) is often used as a variable for junk values — values that need to be assigned, but won’t be used. ) 30 Chapter 2: First Steps Multiple Assignment You can assign multiple values to multiple variables at the same time. You can also print multiple values at the same time.
Note that quotes are necessary when specifying names with spaces: mkdir “c:\program files\utility” 5 Chapter 1: Getting Situated 2. Add this directory to the Windows search path. bat file in the root directory of the boot drive. ) If the text field containing the path variable is too small to see the entire value, cut and paste the value to your text editor, make the appropriate change, and then cut and paste the modified value back to the path edit field. 3. The new search path applies only to shells that are opened after the change, so exit and restart your shell.